Sunday, October 16, 2011

Red Bay Alabama

When we got to Red Bay, without an appointment, we were advised we could be
here until into November. This was pretty discouraging as this is the 3rd time we need to have the rotting floor replaced on the driver's front slide. John talked to them and they worked some things around so we were able to get in Friday. The service techs will finish up Mon or Tues. Such a relief as we have doctor appointments Nov 3rd in Florida to check a couple of spots for skin cancer. While here we have met some more friends for life. I had heard at the rally that my gungy microwave could be cleaned with Bartenders Friend. Peggy told me not to buy it as she had and it didn't work. She gave me hers, I boiled a lemon in it and then used the Bartenders Friend. Could not believe the results. It looked band new! So Peggy tried the same process, using the lemon, and her microwave looks great too. We are passing around the BF, scouring pad and the lemon for others to clean their microwaves. Awesome. I had two couples over for dinner Wed as trying to learn to use the foreign buttons on my microwave. Made the Mexican Potatoes and Pineapple Pork Roast according to the Sharp Convecton Microwave instructions. I was so proud of the dinner. Everyone was impressed. I'll keep trying receipes using CompuRoast, High Mix, Sensor Cook etc. VERY pleased with how this microwave cooks. Can't believe I've had one for 10 years and just starting to learn. Peggy had invited all the Canadians over for the Canadian Thanksgiving dinner and served turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes etc. Awesome dinner. Life is good.

No comments: